Lately I have been bothered by enlarged pores especially when I’m applying foundations. It seems no matter what foundation I use, it ended up looking caky and my pores are screaming for attention. I did some research and tried a few new techniques which has helped reduce the appearance of pores and make my skin look more flawless.
1. Prepare my skin using pore minimising facial cleanser and scrub.
2. Moisturise my face (gently pat into skin, avoid rubbing)
3. Use moisturising primer and pore minimising primer around my nose area (I don’t believe in primers as much as before as I really don’t see much difference in them controlling oil, making makeup last longer or reducing the appearance of pores when foundation is applied). That being said, I will continue using my stash until they are out. Hopefully one day there will be primers that live up to their names which I can try.
4. Wait for at least five minutes before applying foundation. (I usually go on doing my eye makeup- upper eyelids to be specific- at this stage.)
5. I like to use kabuki brushes to apply liquid foundations mixed with illuminating product or moisturiser so my skin looks less caky and more glowy, and I prefer brushes with round head than flat head. I ensure that I use a light hand and circular motion to spread foundation over my face(one area at a time) and then pat the foundation into skin(do not vigorously buff the foundation as it will only make your hard work disappear).
6. Apply foundation onto my nose and areas with enlarged pores with ELF flawless concealer brush (less is more, do not apply too much foundation here) and gently use small circular motion (first clockwise and then anti-clockwise). That’s the most important step of my foundation routine lately as I have noticed a huge difference. My pores are not obvious and are not filled with foundation which make my skin look more caky.
9. Apply bronzer, highlighter and blush and then use a big fluffy brush to blend everything together into one. Here is the only step that I can actually do buffing motion, again still use a light hand.
10. Spray MAC fix plus or Smashbox primer water to get rid of the powdery look and add life back to my face.
Have you got any tips and tricks to make your face looking flawless without looking caky and without appearance of pores? Please share in the comment area.
Thanks for reading.
^Stay beautiful and fabulous, stay tuned for my next post.^