Happy 2016, everyone! Sydney is unbelievable cold for the past three days and it has been raining non-stop. Once past January, fall and winter will unavoidably arrive in a couple of months, yikes! I sincerely hope that the weather will clear up soon and I can enjoy the rest of summer for a bit longer.
Now onto today’s topic: makeup tips for hooded eyes. Since I have hooded eyes I have picked up and learnt a few along the way.
1. apply transition shades over your crease (where your eye folds or eye sockets are) and when you open your eyes and look straight the colour is visible, however it is not carried too far up into your brows
2. apply the darkest colour onto your upper lash line to add definition and/or darken your outer V with the darkest shade to add drama
3. apply light, bright, coloured or shimmery eye shadows onto the lid and slightly above the lid, and apply highlighter shade to the inner corner of your eyes to add light to your eye looks and open your eyes
4. tight line and then apply volumising and lengthening mascara to the lashes and do not miss the lashes on the inner and outer part of your eyelid
5. Optional: apply liquid or gel eye liner or use dark shadow very close to the upper lash line (a very thin line in the middle part) and extend the upper line into a slight wing (the direction of the wing goes toward your ears rather than to your brows, however, stops where your brows end) to elongate your eye shape, and apply darker shadow to the outer corner of your lower lash line and extend it to meet the upper eyeliners to complete the look.(this is my favourite way though, and it suits my particular eye shape better in my opinion.)
6. Optional: apply falsies
The following pictures are sourced on Pinterest, and hopefully can inspire and help you master the eye makeup for hooded eye girls out there.
Thanks for reading.
^Stay beautiful and fabulous, stay tuned for my next post!^