Disclaimer: “The dress presented in the post was gifted from Boohoo.com as part of their Summer Essential campaign. Opinions expressed here are my own.”
In participation of intentional etailer Boohoo Summer Essentials campaign, as part of their #WeAreSocial, today I am going to share with you the summer essentials that I cannot live without.
Summer is my favorite season of year. I have missed Summer so much for the past six months and have secretly wished the warm weather could come back sooner to Australia. I love everything about summer: the atmosphere, the summer fashion, the stroll along the beach and the holiday parties with families and friends; and can you believe that it is only a month away from Christmas?!
1. Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccino
Picture Credit: www.starbucks.com.au
During Summer season, the first thing that comes to mind is Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccino – the perfect combination of green tea,milk and ice. I do not usually go to Starbucks for coffee however; Green Tea Frappuccino is forever my favorite drink of all time; it cools me down, makes me jolly happy, and it is a must-have for me in summer.
Ah sunscreen, my best friend. Even though I do use sunscreen all year round, in summer, I simply cannot live without it because the UV is so high in Australia and my skin is so easy to get sun burned. I am currently using Shiseido Anessa whitening UV protector (SPF 32-PA+++). It contain both physical and chemical UV filters; it is easy to apply and fragrance free.
I love makeup, so you will not be surprised when I include makeup in my summer essentials. I tend to go the whole nine yards with my makeup even in hot weather however; sometimes it is just too hot and bothered to put on the whole face makeup. To feel put together without too much effort, I use the following products to do the trick:
– Anastasia brow pomade: I love how long lasting it is. Let’s face it, brows frame the whole face; without my eye brows filled in, I feel naked in a sense.
– mattifying face powder: to keep my oil T-zone at bay
– bronzer: to fake that sun tanned look
– highlighter: I love myself a J.LO glow
– Blush: to add flush and life to my dull skin
– Mascara: it opens my eyes, make them look bigger and more awake. I am still in love with Covergirl clump crusher by lashblast even though it is not waterproof.
– Concealer: Maybelline instant age rewind eraser concealer and Urban decay naked skin weightless concealer are my fav at the moment. Together they help cover my dark circles, brighten my under eye areas and even out my complexion.
– Lipsticks/lip gloss: I choose colours like red, fuchsia, coral or pink nude to complete my face makeup and to make me look healthy and well.
I love wearing dresses in summer. It can be girly, chick, sexy or elegant depending on the style. There are so many styles to choose from nowadays, and no matter it is skater, midi, shift, maxi or shirt dress, I can always find one that is suitable for my body shape to add to my wardrobe and become an staple. I felt in love with the skater dress that was sent to me from Boohoo because it’s breathable material, style and those butterfly prints (You can shop this style here). You can dress it up or down with the help of an accessory or a pair of shoes that you choose to wear. To me, sandals are my go-to shoe style. It is comfortable, good for long walks, and yet can be dressy.
I do not usually wear glasses. However, sunglasses is a must-have for me in summer. It protects my eyes from the sun, it is stylish and trendy, and it is a great accessory especially when taking pictures.
Now I have shared my summer essentials, I want to know yours! Please share with me in the comment area.
Thanks for reading.
^Stay beautiful and fabulous, stay tuned for my next post!^