Hi everyone, have you always wondered what you will be wearing when you are pregnant? It is such a long period (40 weeks of patiently waiting) and especially if you are heavily pregnant like me during the winter season.
While you still want to dress comfortably for your gradual growing belly, being pregnant does not meant that you need to sacrifice fashion and style.
As a thumb of rule, you want to buy clothing that is loose or stretchy around your tummy area so that you will not “suffocate” your bundle of joy inside and your belly. Also, I recommend that you buy clothes that one or two sizes larger than your normal size as your figure will change during pregnancy.
I love buying staple items that are easy to mix and match, with comfy materials (such as cotton, chiffon), and can also be worn after given birth while nursing if there are adjustable clip release straps, a lift panel, front buttons or discreet bust access.
1. tank, tees or tops with side ruching that support your growing belly
2. one-piece body hugging dress that is stretchy or with side ruching (before pregnancy , I never liked body hugging clothing, however, i find it’s extremely easy to wear and I can show off my bump without feeling restrained).
I bought this dress here
3. A-line or swing dress
4. Maxi dress
5. denim or pants with over the bump waistband
7. knitwear with slouchy oversized feel
8. if you love wearing dresses and it’s in Winter, you can also invest a few pairs of maternity stockings or tights with special shaped front panel for comfort and support
Thanks for reading.
Disclaimer: all images are sourced online and the link provided is not affiliate link in this post.