Hi dear everyone, have you tried LORAC skinny palette in nude? I heard of this palette from Jen “from head to toe”, another of my favorite You Tube beauty gurus. Jen was thrilled about this palette and has featured this palette in her EVERYDAY Makeup for Work & School (LORAC Skinny Palette) video.
LORAC Cosmetics is created by makeup artist Carol Shaw and named LORAC in which it is Carol spelled backwards. The brand is famous from its original Pro Palette and Pro Palette 2(my pro 2 is on its way, yay!) and I am sure that many of you have already got your hands on these beauties.
Now let’s get into the details of the skinny eye shadow palette.
- light yellow case that is made of cardboard,, therefore, it’s super light weighted
- magnetically closed lid
- there is a mirror inside that it’s handy and easy to travel with
- total of seven shades
- a mixture of cool and warm toned eye shadows that suit most eye colors
- three matte shades are must have basics for most eye looks (beige white highlighter, reddish lighter brown for transition and dark brown to darken the crease or outer corner)
- With respect to the four shimmery shades, three of them are rather metallic but not glittery; the last shade on the far left that has golden specks but once applied and blended, you wouldn’t notice it.
Swatches(from right to left):
Performance: all these eye shadows are creamy and pigmented, and I don’t experience much fall-out. They go on skin smoothly and are easy to blend. With eye primer, these eye shadows can last on my oily eye lids for about eight hours.
Where to buy: MYQTY, an Australian online shop that sells LORAC products
Price: AU$21.95 (since then the price has gone up to $29.95).
Final thoughts: this skinny eye shadow palette in nude is a great little palette, it has all the necessary shades that I need to complete my go-to warm tone neutral eye looks , however if I want to go for a smokey eye look, it can also fulfill the purpose.
Will you try this palette and if you have, what’s your experience with it? Please leave a comment below.
Thanks for reading.