Recently I have changed the steps that I do make-up in which I think it is a better way for me not to mess up. So here are the steps:
1. Moisturizing and priming my skin
4. Choose and apply eyeshadow colours depending on the clothing or accessories I wear on the day, or if I really want to wear a particular lip colour, I would wear the lipstick before anything else, so I won’t go off the rails too much. As you can see I am a neutral lover 🙂
5. Apply matte highlight shade to my brow bone
6. Tight line upper lash lines with brown or blacks eye liner
7. Apply liquid eyeliner (often) or gel eyeliner (rarely). I would normally wing it out as it suits my eye shape better (Optional)
12. Apply liner on my waterline(I prefer brown or nude colour eyeliners)
13. Use the transition shade to smudge my lower lash lines(or the outer corners only)
14. Use darker eyeshadow colour to smoke out my lower lash lines if needed (Optional)
15. Apply highlight colour (usually with shimmer) to my tear ducts
16. Apply mascara to my bottom lashes
17. Apply a lighter shade powder to brighten my under eye area
18. Apply a mattifying power to my T-zone area to reduce and prevent the shine
19. Apply bronzer in a 3 shape to get the sun-kissed glow or just to add dimensions to my face
20. Apply darker colour bronzer to contour my face if I feel like or if needed (Optional)
21. Apply blush to the apples of my cheeks (depending on the looks)
22. Apply highlighter on top of my cheekbones(often) and on my Cupid’s bow (Optional)
I really enjoy doing makeup each morning and some steps are only optional. If I am in a rush, I would skip all the steps and only do my eyebrows, base makeup (foundation/concealers/powder/blush), tight line my upper lash lines and apply mascaras. Also each week, I would have at least one day to give my skin a rest, without wearing any makeup but skin care products.
What is your makeup routine? What is your favourite makeup look? Please leave your comments.
Thanks so much for reading.