Hi my dear readers. Hope you are having a good day. Here is my eye makeup of the day. I went to a friend’s product launch today, and wore a purple/blue floral dress. I thought it would be nice if I wear purple shadows on my eyes. Purple is one of my favorite colours, it can be elegant or mysterious. I remember a TV commercial saying “Purple is the new black”.
I really liked the look and used the sandwich method(I have always wanted to try it on myself) to place the eye shadows on my eye lids. Below are the steps and eye shadows placement.
- Primed my eye with NARS primer and MAC painterly paint pot (not shown)
- NYX jumbo eye pencil Purple Velvet (on my lids to make my purple eye shadows pop, not shown)
- No. 1 MAC Nocturnell eye shadow (inner half of lid and outer half of lid)
- No. 2 MAC Fig.1 (darken inner half of lid and outer half of lid and smudged under lower lash line)
- No. 3 MAC Creme de Violet (Middle of lid)
- No. 4 Makeup Geek Unexpected (blend Nocturnell and Fig.1 out in crease)
- No. 5 Inglot Rainbow eye shadow LE25CL (darken outer corner)
- No.6 Makeup Geek Malena (blend in crease to add warmth to the look)
- No. 7 Wet n Wild Brow bone colour (inner corner to highlight)
- No.8 Inglot eye shadow Matt 351 (blend on top of Malena eyeshadow into brow bone, I don’t like too much shimmer on my brow bone)
- No.9 Inglot colour 687 (middle of lid to highlight) – I don’t think Inglot sell the round shape eye shadow anymore though
- NYX slide on eye liner Brown Perfection (tight line and water line)
- Dolly Wink liquid eye liner ( create a small winged liner) – one of my favorite liquid eyeliner
PS: I couldn’t take a decent shot for my eyes today, thus I cannot upload a picture to show how these eye shadows look on me. Sorry!!!!
Thanks for reading.