There is no doubt that my makeup collection has grown a lot ever since I started obsessing over makeup. I sometimes get overwhelmed with how many products I own, and how little time I have to use them up. After all, I only have one face to paint.
I do not know about you, however I face the dilemma in which I want to keep using one product until it’s empty; on the other hand I do not want to neglect other products in my collection that also need loving. I am a perfectionist in a way, so I have been always contemplating what’s the best way for me to utilise everything effectively without feeling guilty.
I came up a few rules/strategies to keep myself on track, that is:
1. Use up cream products or skin care products first before purchasing and/or opening a new one because they are faster to expire.
2. For powder or brow products, I try to use up those older ones (depending on the date of purchase) or the ones that I do not like that much however are not prepared to let go.
3. I have a pile of go to products for every day (not necessarily the favourite or from every category i.e. foundation, blush, powder, setting spray), and try to rotate the rest of products in my collection on a daily basis. Taking the foundation pile I am trying to use up as an example, in order to finish one particular foundation which I will not repurchase, I will use it every day until it’s last drop before I go on the next one however; I would rotate highlighters, blushes and lipsticks in my collection each day depending on the look or the clothes I am wearing ((only if I am testing new products, I will use those products for at least a week straight so that I can have an idea how I feel about them).
4. Do not buy all the new releases (taking into consideration of all the factors such as if it is unique enough, if it has good reviews, if it is worth the money, if I would wear it often, if there are something in my collection are dupes to what it’s releasing now…)
5. Be proactive and take plenty of pictures (untouched products) so that I can dig in to test, to swatch, to review and mostly important to enjoy the products rather than leaving them in the drawer collecting dust. I have grown out of the phase that holding on to a product just because it is limited edition or the designs are too pretty to use. Honestly, all the makeup I own could last me a life time and I could not see any possibility of hitting pan on any of products if I do not start using them now.
Do you have a process that you would like to share? Please leave a comment below.
Have a wonderful day.
^_Stay fabulous and beautiful; stay tuned for my next post_^
Let’s connect on social media: